[Arm-netbook] 87MB SD-card image, Puppy (Ubuntu Luicd) Linux

Barry Kauler bkauler at gmail.com
Wed May 9 09:36:14 BST 2012

This is for those who have download limitations. The compressed
SD-card image is only 87.1MB.

"Lui" is my codename for this build. Puppy built from Ubuntu Lucid
Lynx armel binary packages. It is alpha quality. This is an SD-card
image, for a 4GB card.

Download the image from here. The image file is only 87.1MB, includes
all applications:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/quirky/arm/releases/alpha/

Further explanation:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/quirky/arm/releases/alpha/README-mele-sd-4gb-lui-5.2.90.htm

For those who are able to do bigger downloads, this alternative howto
by cnxsoft is great:
http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/04/28/how-to-create-your-own-debian-ubuntu-image-for-mele-a1000-allwinner-a10-based-stb/
...that creates a proper Ubuntu Precise Pangolin.

It is fairly easy for me to repeat the exercise, create a Puppy Linux
SD image build based on Ubuntu Precise Pangolin packages. OK, I will
do that next.

Please do read the "Further explanation" link, it lists some
show-stopper problems.

Regards,
Barry Kauler