[Arm-netbook] Just got my MeLe A2000

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:32:27 BST 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM, David Given <dg at cowlark.com> wrote:
> Alexandru Stoian wrote:
> [...]
>> The image is opened by the PhoenixCard app, which tempts me to just
>> flash it and see what happens. How brickable is the MeLE ?
>
> I don't know about the A2000, but the A1000 is basically not brickable
> at all --- the SD card has boot priority over the internal flash, so
> even if the internal flash is trashed you can still fix it.

 .... and of course, you can check that *before* overwriting the
internal flash, simply by booting from the external SD card.  if it
works *without* making any modifications to the internal flash, then
you know absolute cast-iron guaranteed that you will always be able to
boot from external SD card, regardless of the internal flash's
working/not-working state.