[Arm-netbook] Just got my MeLe A2000

Alejandro Martínez zen at itram.es
Tue May 8 20:19:41 BST 2012

There is a recovery partition, and some Clockworkmod recoveries ported
for tablets which should probably work.
The recovery partition is however used only for OTA upgrades from the
System Update app on the Mele. How to boot to it is unknown.

However, the system is completely unbrickable. Phoenix Card creates an
updater SD card which boots from the bootloader in ROM, so you can
even zero out your NAND and it will still flash. Same for booting
Linux off it (the Ubuntu image out there).

You can try the ICS image, although probably lots of things won't
work. Replacing the kernel with the proper one and the script.bin
usually fix things around, but to be honest I haven't tried modding
with the Mele yet (I do have the Novo7).

But.. there is already a beta, leaked ICS build for the Mele. It is
here: https://www.wuala.com/zercosz/Mele%20A2000/Firmware/?key=ThisIsFC2012
(file android_4.0.img). It will be probably easier to mod than a
tablet one :)

Alejandro