[Arm-netbook] Mele A1000: SATA HD does not work

Barry Kauler bkauler at gmail.com
Sun May 6 12:33:04 BST 2012

On 5/6/12, cnxsoft <cnxsoft at cnx-software.com> wrote:
> On 03/05/2012 23:29, Barry Kauler wrote
>> Hmmm... could someone kindly just post me a evb.bin that I can put
>> into my skeleton SD card image, one that will recognise SATA,
>> ethernet, and not crash when X starts :)
>>
>> I notice also, the a10_image page, mele_boot_part.cpio has mele.bin
>> and mele_stock.bin in it -- what is the difference between those two?
>> I tried both, it didn't seem to make any difference.
>>
>> If anyone can help out, kindly email them to me, bkaulerATgmailDOTcom.
> I've tried mele_stock.bin (copied it over evb.bin), and Ethernet and X
> (VGA output) seem to work fine.
>
> However, I have to insert the Wifi module 8192cu manually now to have
> WiFi working, or ifup wlan0 would just hang.

Ah, thanks.
This is one point where I was confused. There are evb.bin, mele.bin
and mele_stock.bin in the first partition of the Debian build.

I did not understand why there are three different .bin files, and
what each one did.

So, evb.bin is the only one in use, the others are just alternatives
that can be renamed to evb.bin if required to be used?

Regards,
Barry Kauler