[Arm-netbook] Intel small computer

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue May 1 22:22:31 BST 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Tsvetan Usunov - OLIMEX Ltd
<usunov at olimex.com> wrote:
> http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/127903-watch-out-raspberry-pi-intel-unveils-ultra-small-next-unit-of-computing-pc
>
> although $100 and need FAN to cool the processor so I guess it's about
> 15-20W power hungry

 yeahh... and still doesn't have coreboot support [no intel CPU does,
afaik].   it's going to be only when the 28nm low-power CPUs come in
that intel will stand a chance.

 my take on this is that it has to be deliberate by intel: they _must_
surely be able to produce a sub-1W x86 CPU, with all their
resources??? which is probably the problem: they realise that they
would wipe the floor clean in the entire market, and would get
referred automatically to the monopolies and mergers commission.

 the much worse scenario to contemplate is that they *can't* create a
competitive low-power CPU! :)