[Arm-netbook] Hacking the Mele A1000 - ultra beginner guide

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Fri Mar 30 17:03:12 BST 2012

Julien Forgeat wrote:
[...]
> Sorry to say, but I don't quite understand how to get binutils-multiarch
> to do the job instead of the version I am running, could you elaborate a
> bit?

If you install it, the standard 'objdump' gets redirected to a version
which understands a whole bunch of different architectures, so objdump
just works regardless of what kind of .o file it is.

However, I didn't realise you were running this as part of a build
script, and don't know what would be involved in changing it (or what
the possible side effects might be).

│ "Parents let children ride bicycles on the street. But parents do not
│ allow children to hear vulgar words. Therefore we can deduce that
│ cursing is more dangerous than being hit by a car." --- Scott Adams