[Arm-netbook] a10 docs plus new quad core embedded board

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Wed Mar 28 08:24:37 BST 2012

On 03/26/2012 09:06 PM, moo cow wrote:

> Also interesting new board - iWave Systems Rainbow-G15M-Q7: Qseven
> SOMs Based on Freescale i.MX 6 Series
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUEW8Pt3ksU&feature=player_embedded
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUEW8Pt3ksU&feature=player_embedded>
> http://www.iwavesystems.com/
> iWave Systems, an embedded systems company based in Bangalore, India,
> has launched Qseven Modules powered by Freescale i.MX 6Quad (quad-core
> Cortex A9 processor), i.MX 6Duo (dual -core) and i.MX6 Solo.
> The Rainbow-G15M-Q7 modules are compliant with Qseven specification
> R1.20 and target the Industrial, Automotive and Medical markets.
> Here are the modules specifications:
>
> Iwave Systems Rainbow-G15M-Q7
> CPU: Freescale i.MX6  Cortex A9 Q/D/S core @ 1 GHz
Freescale is making us wait until the June launch of the imx6 before we
get any official pricing or docs. There's not too much to the design
since almost everything is integrated into the SOC.

The Q7 modules are not designed to be portable so they are never going
to be in any high volume applications. Most embedded vendors want to
sell you there near worthless board design if you are interested in >5K
pieces, since they just aren't geared for anything high volume.

All the Q7 modules that I have ever priced were so overpriced I didn't
see any point to using them for anything other than as a dev board to
test kernels or benchmark applications.

-Bari