[Arm-netbook] Mele A1000 Display Modes For 23.976 and 59.94 Video

Mark Wilczynski mark_wilczynski at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 07:51:32 BST 2012

>> Can someone list what video display modes are available on the android that ships with the player?  Curious if it supports any interlaced modes or 24p output.>It supports 24p output modes and 1080i for sure as I remember seeing them (I’m not near it to check beyond memory), I ran it at 1080p 24, 50 and 60hz fine whilst testing and upgrading to 1.3 Deano

I just looked over the drv_display_sun4i.h file and it appears to only support 24p/60p and not proper 23.976/59.94 modes.  This will cause judder every 42 seconds since it will have to repeat frames to keep audio in sync for 23.976 or 59.94 fps video files.
Anyone know if there is some kind of work-around for this problem?
Here are some test files you can use to test yourself: http://st7.us/MotionBarsH264.7z
Moving bars should not jump or freeze and remain smooth the entire time.
Will there be a way to set a xorg modeline to adjust refresh timing?