[Arm-netbook] Netbook+Tablet Ref Design

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 06:11:58 BST 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 2:06 AM, Alexander Ross <abushcrafter at gmail.com> wrote:
> https://www.alwaysinnovating.com/company/services.htm
> https://www.alwaysinnovating.com/products/smartbook.htm

 thank you alexander.  i've spoken with him.  he did not understand.
i offered him a way to join in and collaborate in the EOMA-68
initiative and he advised me of his costs, instead, i.e. expecting me
to find the money to pay them.

 it's been two and a half years i've been organising this project.

 during that time, with the exception of bari, every person in the
USA, every SoC manufacturer in the USA, every company in the USA,
every design house in the USA, every ODM in the USA, they have been
absolutely hostile and a completely nightmare to deal with.  to the
point where, now, i just don't bother.

 bari is the exception. it's something to do with Free Software.
actually i think it's Free Software in general that kinda overrides
everything, for some people.

 thank goodness.

so - yes, thank you: i know.  it's a great idea - very polished, and i
wish him luck.  he's welcome to design products based around EOMA-68
in the future, as long as he pays the royalty fees on the hardware
patents that RHT has put in.  this will save him money on hardware
development as well as software development.