[Arm-netbook] proyect easy pc

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 13:54:39 GMT 2012

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Bari Ari <bari at onelabs.com> wrote:

>> but how you design your schematic when this processor have no specs
>> even for the power supply consumption figures?

 we trust allwinner to have done a decent job on the EVB.

>> what if the first EOMA
>> prototype do not work, how you will search for the cause of the
>> problem when there is NO technical info for this processor?

 contact allwinner.

>> you don't know if it will work for you or not and I do not understand
>> who will invest thousands in development of product with not
>> documented processor

 luckily, this is not just about the one processor.  there are dozens
of processors evaluated.  http://rhombus-tech.net/evaluated_cpus/ the
A10 is just the easiest one to start with at the present moment.

 in 6 months time, another company somewhere in the world *might* come
out with a CPU that has a better level of integration and a better
price-performance metric.

 if that CPU's not done by allwinner themselves, then allwinner will
pretty much get dropped like a stone (exactly as happened to AML 8726M
6 months ago, exactly as happened to Telechips TCC8902 18 months ago)
by absolutely everyone.