[Arm-netbook] Hacking the Mele A1000 - ultra beginner guide

julien at forgeat.name julien at forgeat.name
Fri Mar 23 02:34:51 GMT 2012

Received the USB TTL Serial/UART module :-)

As Alejandro stated, the 2.54mm cable connectors do not fit, we can at
most fir two out of 4, maybe 3 but that would be risking breaking
something ^^

But then, I have been thinking:
  (1) the 3.3V Vcc is apparently not always needed (is it only if the
cables are very long?)
  (2) 2 cables fit in the connector
  (3) We should be able to get ground from somewhere else on the board

So is it dangerous the connect Rx and Tx on the UART port, Ground on
the USB port and not to connect Vcc (or why not, get Vcc from the USB
port)?

I am eager to try but I am afraid to fry something up

Cheers,

Julien