[Arm-netbook] similar proyect

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Thu Mar 22 10:01:08 GMT 2012

Hi Mr. Galáctico =)

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 06:01, hugo meneses <hugalactico at hotmail.com> wrote:
> hi guys
>
> i am now pursuing a similar proyect, we want to build a cheap arm computer for the southamerican market, we think is an easy way for expand knowledge and that is why we want to sellit as cheap as posible.
>
> we already test diferent chinese cpu, wm7810, uvchip , rk2918 and amlogic but at the end we think the best choice is the A10 cpu.
>
> We expect to produce a board similar to the rasberry pi but of course cheaper, also must have 2 usb ports, wifi and vga out, i already have the money and customers for start 5000 pieces but we still checking because from my experience oduce electronics in the small chinese factories can be troublesome.
>
> In your proyect you aim to produce an eoma card but for our proyect is not convenient this form factor, what we want is produce the board and case or for some customets sell only the board, if your proyect was about make a real pc board i think i can join and even put the money for the first thousand pieces for stock.
>
> Do you think is there anyway we can merge or collaborate between these proyects?
>
> Anyways i live in shenzhen 5 years ago and whatever you need my help just ask, when we produce our boards we will be happy sell some to you for play :)

The goal of EOMA68 is that computers, like the one you want to make,
can be upgraded and the "old" module used somewhere else. If you are
looking for cooperation the project also involves making IO boards
like http://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA-68/MiniEngineeringBoard
... I'm not an EE but if those 2cm are really an issue maybe you could
design the io board to go over/below the module instead of after it.

Or maybe rethink your project (with "j" ^_^, I used to make the same
typo because of the similarity with the spanish word "proyecto") to an
all-in-one computer, including the display.

Cheers,
Alejandro Mery