[Arm-netbook] Auto-discard notification

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 12:25:43 GMT 2012

marco, hi,

please remember that you need to mail the arm-netbook list from the
address that you're subscribed from.

regarding what you wrote: the analog video out will be on the 44-pin
expansion header.  so this *particular* EOMA-68 CPU Card - one with an
A10 - it will be possible to use it as a factory-installed component
(obviously not as a user-removable one).

the EOMA-68 standard itself has to take into account the fact that
many CPUs simply won't have analog video output.  it's just not a
Lowest Common Denominator, by any stretch of imagination.

however there is nothing to stop a manufacturer of an EOMA-68 CPU card
from putting analog video out on the user-facing edge of their CPU
card.

we've just chosen not to do that for the A10 CPU card because with the
HDMI, Micro-USB AB, Micro-SD and 4-pole 3.5mm audio there's just not
enough room.

maybe in the future we will revise the CPU card to add an extension
cable... but not right now :)

l.