[Arm-netbook] Rhombus-Tech/allwinner a10 introduction at the Beijing LUG

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 01:35:00 GMT 2012

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 1:15 AM, Tom Cubie <mr.hipboi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     Somehow some write an email to me says
>
> "Someone recently brought up the Allwinner a10 CPU project on our forum and
> after reading the related wiki pages it seems a lot of it is happening in
> China.
> The Beijing LUG would love to invite you to introduce the work you've been
> doing
> should you be in Beijing, or should you visit Beijing any time soon."
>
> Should i go ?

 yeah great idea!

> if i go, what should talk about?

  i'd just... say what you've been doing, talk for 5-10 minutes and
then just let people ask questions.  5-10 mins really isn't long.

 just a couple of words of advice:

 * speak towards and look at the *back* of the room, pretending to be
looking at everyone.
 * if you don't have anything written for people to look at, use
gestures.  count bullet-points on your fingers "theatrically".
 * otherwise, keep your hands by your side, or one in front of you.
 * don't move around, but don't stand still either.  if you move, do
so deliberately and then stay put.
 * when someone asks a question, repeat it back (so everyone can hear
it, and they can check you understand it!)

> I think it's a chance to let
> more people
> know our project and allwinner but i am afraid that i have nothing to
> present...

 i know i know i know :)  well... you could always take the mock-up
images i made, and just print them out in 55x85mm, to show people.

 but i think, one thing that would be really nice would be to get
people interested in those hackerspaces to actually make up I/O boards
based around EOMA-68.