[Arm-netbook] Mele box group on counting

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 19:40:57 GMT 2012

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I don't suppose anyone has any experience with using USB DVB-S2 tuners on ARM or Linux in general?

 you have to pick the device carefully.  they're typically in two
parts: the tuner and the decoder.  each chip has to be known and
supported, but the products when sold of course duh don't list the
chipsets, they're just... sold.

 so you have to get onto mailing lists, wikis etc., do your research
thoroughly, or just be prepared to take a risk and be forced into a
position of doing some reverse-engineering.

 hmmm... where have we heard _this_ story before...