[Arm-netbook] Mele a1000 Internals Question?

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Thu Mar 1 15:50:28 GMT 2012

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 12:10:14 +0000, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > what about automatically notifying changes on the irc channel?
>
> http://mueller.panopticdev.com/2011/08/supybot-git-ircbot-plugin-for-git.html
> https://github.com/typester/github-ircbot-perl

I decided on making use of CIA.vc (which seems popular among debian folk,
and doesn't require more than a hook that sends an email to the, where
they then run the bot for us).

That being the case, you'll notice that there's now a CIA-46 nick
pouring comments into the channel.

The CIA page for the project is here:  http://cia.vc/stats/project/rhombus-tech

although that doesn't really add anything that's not already in the
history and Recent Changes on the site -- BTW I just enabled page
history links into git -- if that was off on purpose, either turn it off
again, or say so and I'll do it.

There was some discussion of whether the stuff put into the IRC channel
should include a URL -- I'm not sure what url would be most useful, and
the only way I see of doing it is to pretend that the file changed is
instead the URL you want, which is likely to discard some information.

Given that you can (if intrigued by a change mentioned by CIA) go to the
rhombus-tech.net site, click Recent Changes, and then click the change
in question, I'm tempted to leave it as it is.

Cheers, Phil.