[Arm-netbook] ARM SoC with OpenCL GPU : Exynos 4412 (was Re: SoC proposal)

Deano Calver deano at rattie.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 11:21:14 GMT 2012

> After having read many proposals on this mailing-list, I would greatly
> appreciate to make my recommendation, if possible, please. On my side,
> I would strongly advise to have a look at the Samsung Exynos 4412.

>> hallo guillaume, thanks for this.  the issue is that FSF Endorsement, the
*entire* source code must be available.  so if OpenCL libraries are
available for the >>Exynos 4412, then the full source code of those OpenCL
libraries must be available, otherwise for FSF Endorsement purposes you
simply cannot use that library.

>> fortunately, the limadriver project is reverse-engineering MALI 400MP so
yes, on that basis, we _can_ pursure Exynos 4412.

The LLVM project has an OpenCL frontend, so if the limadriver project
provides the ISA for the MALI ALUs, it should be fairly easily to provide a
full open source OpenCL stack via LLVM.

Deano