[Arm-netbook] [new tool] FEL/livesuit boot from SD-Card

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Mon Jun 25 22:41:28 BST 2012

mån 2012-06-25 klockan 16:02 +0100 skrev lkcl luke:

>  hooraaay.  well done henrik.  does this mean that this CPU is one
> step closer to FSF Hardware Endorseable status?  other than cedarx,
> what's left?

It means NAND flash recovery is one tiny step easier and that more users
can venture into testing NAND flashing in a safe manner on a wider
variety of A10 devices.

Still missing:

  CedarX firmware (I suspect there is one buried within the proprietary
libraries)
  CedarX userspace driver
  MALI driver (LIMA is progressing to fill that)
  Still some kernel source license headers to fix
  Reasonable level of documentation

But seriously, all of that is optional. You can make a FSF endorsable
A10 based product today by restricting which features you support in
software, at least to my rading of the criterias.

We dont NEED non-free software in an A10 product today. Some users may
want to use non-free software to enable certain hardware functions
lacking free software support but that is from what I can tell not issue
as long as you do not market those features as supported or steer users
towards using such non-free software on your product.

Regards
Henrik