[Arm-netbook] Fedora 17 ARM

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Fri Jun 22 13:15:12 BST 2012

On 06/22/2012 12:52 PM, lkcl luke wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 8:01 AM, Gordan Bobic<gordan at bobich.net>  wrote:
>>   /me waves.
>>   Big hello from the author. ;)
>
>   allo gordan.  can you please create a page with some status
> information - have you got one of these meles and have you installed
> redsleeve on it?

I haven't got a Mele yet - I have a pile of ARM machines and kernel
patching to do before I can take on more hardware. Due to mainline
kernel support things like Marvell Kirkwood (*Plug) and Armada (CuBox)
take priority at the moment.

Feel free to use this pragmatic prioritisation to illustrate the case
for SoC vendors:

1) Releasing their full kernel sources under as per GPL requirements -
if they cannot be bothered to do that, then their hardware is not worthy
of supporting.

2) Pushing their kernel patches upstream - HARD.

Gordan