[Arm-netbook] Fedora 17 ARM

Yanko Kaneti yaneti at declera.com
Fri Jun 22 10:28:10 BST 2012

On Fri, 2012-06-22 at 00:35 +0200, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> tor 2012-06-21 klockan 17:15 -0400 skrev Chris Tyler:
>
> > Alternately, get the pieces you
> > need into Fedora itself (which is straightforward if the licenses are
> > OSI-approved) and then (optionally) make a Spin. We'd love to have A10
> > support in the main Fedora ARM kernel package :-)
>
> There isn't much that can be added to Fedora to make A10 life easier at
> this time, but maybe in some months.
> * u-boot. We do have 100% GPL u-boot based boot loader for A10 not
> relying on any proprietary components on the boot media. But u-boot is
> not part of Fedora. Also none of this is in mainline u-boot yet and some
> cleanup is needed to get there.

u-boot is a part of fedora although a bit under the radar...
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=uboot-tools.git;a=summary
The boardspecific bootloaders themselves are built only on arm.
http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=10329

Whenever those changes get upstream Fedora will have them.

Cheers
Yanko