[Arm-netbook] IMX6 prices?

Tsvetan Usunov - OLIMEX Ltd usunov at olimex.com
Sat Jun 16 10:47:46 BST 2012

> Are those manuals NDA only or available for download?  I'm mostly
> interested in the user manual.  I was very impressed with their i.mx53 SDK
> and documentation.  I world of difference compared to the poorly translated
> or reverse-engineered info available for the Chinese chips.  I can't speak
> for other developers but I know which one I would rather program for.  If
> the pricing is similar and you can afford to wait until the hardware is
> ready, I would go with a Freescale solution.  Too bad their current imx6
> dev board is $300 or I would pick one up now to play with until final
> versions are ready next year.
>
> The manual is under NDA, but you should have no problem to get one through
your distributo, as we did.
I guess they do this because the manual is still preliminary and many
signals timing etc is TBD, when they start selling iMX6 in Q1 2013 they
will put all info on their web as for the other iMX devices, samples for
developers will be available in September.
These $300 boards are with pre-engineering samples and probably have lot of
bugs, which now they fixed and run next revision.
One good concept of iMX6 is that 1-2-4 core devices share same pinout so
you can use same hardware design for up to 4.8GHz accumulated processor
power (4 cores running at 1.2GHz), and you have HDMI, SATA, 10/100/1000
Ethernet, CAN etc.

the price of iMX6Solo is lower than A10 for small quantities of 1000 pcs so
releasing low cost board is matter of time ;)