[Arm-netbook] FEL protocol have been reversed

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Jun 14 07:16:14 BST 2012

tor 2012-06-14 klockan 03:41 +0100 skrev lkcl luke:
> so... what this reverse-engineering means is that there stands a good
> chance that the Allwinner A10 and other series of CPUs could (in
> combination with limadriver) be used for FSF Hardware-Endorsed
> purposes.  that would be especially exciting, particularly as we plan
> to have an automatic royalty-free license grant for FSF
> Hardware-Endorsed products.

The FEL reverse engineering isn't really needed for EOMA68 A10. You can
always boot from sdcard there and still have all functions you need.

But it's a great help to those who do not have the luxury of having an
accessible serial console port other than the sdcard slot.

What it means is that those who have Allwinner devices without
accessible serial port other than the sdcard slot can soon boot easily
over USB while still having access to a serial console port via sdcard
breakout board.

Regards
Henrik