[Arm-netbook] running allwinner-a10-video on mele causes kernel panic

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Tue Jun 12 22:29:09 BST 2012

tis 2012-06-12 klockan 22:59 +0200 skrev Haakon Stende:
> One thing I can see when booting with the new buildt u-boot.bin  and
> not a older one, is that it sometimes it boots the kernel and crash at
> random places or just freeze in the boot prosess, other times it jumps
> to the android-kernel and some very few times it boots the kernel as
> it should. I have tried with many different sdcard .
> Could it be that the latest uboot/spl  clocks some bus a bit too high
> or set the voltage a little too low?

sun4i clock settings etc are exactly the same.

There is some differences in early ARM CPU setup relating to cache
management and a few other bits. But most if not all of that should be
disabled in the sun4i branch.

It's a bit of a mystery still what is going on.

For now, try using the v2011.09-sun4i tag. Will likely revert the sun4i
branch to this again until the cause to these issues have been found.

Regards
Henrik