[Arm-netbook] FEL protocol have been reversed
henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Tue Jun 12 09:10:57 BST 2012
Thanks to USB dumps kindly provided by others and a bit of staring at
the data the FEL USB boot protocol have now been decoded.
What remains is to
* Figuring out which memory regions are allowed to use for FEL booting.
* Modifying u-boot SPL so it can be used for FEL USB booting.
* Write a program for sending u-boot SPL via FEL USB boot to the A10
device, or write a new SPL for FEL USB booting.
* Figuring out some unknown bits. Mainly the version message sent by
* Collect FEL data for other Allwinner/Boxchip SoCs. A13 is of primary
interest but older devices is also interesting.
There is a simple proof of concept program at
talks to FEL to dump some memory regions. This will move into
sunxi-tools and get polished into a FEL loader.
More information about the arm-netbook