[Arm-netbook] running allwinner-a10-video on mele causes kernel panic

Haakon Stende stende at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 21:02:39 BST 2012

So the script looks ok on web for you?
When I look at the script on the wiki I miss this:
< 64,1024
< 1088,;
< EOF
< #spl/sun4i-spl.bin doesnt work for me so I had to make temp a hack to get
uboot working
< #dd if=spl/sun4i-spl.bin of=$MMC_DEV bs=1024 seek=8
<
< #I had to make this hack to get uboot working. I think sth is wrong with
the uboot-build
< #using the file from
http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/hacking_the_mele_a1000/mele_ubuntu_image/
< #using this article http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/a10_image/
< #unpack the image mele-ubuntu-lucid.img on $MELE_BUILDDIR/images
< #    mkdir $MELE_BUILDDIR/binfiles
< #    mkdir -p $MELE_BUILDDIR/images
< #    cd $MELE_BUILDDIR/images
< #    wget http://www.j1nx.nl/allwinner/images/mele-ubuntu-lucid.img.lzma
< #    # or wget http://hands.com/~lkcl/mele-ubuntu-lucid.img.lzma
< #    lzma -d mele-ubuntu-lucid.img.lzma
< #    mount -o loop,offset=1048576
$MELE_BUILDDIR/images/mele-ubuntu-lucid.img ../mnt
< #    umount ../mnt
< #    cp ../mnt/evb.bin
< #    dd if=mele-ubuntu-lucid.img
of=$MELE_BUILDDIR/binfiles/uboot_mele_mmc.bin bs=1024 skip=8 count=1008
< #
<
< #
< dd if=../binfiles/uboot_mele_mmc.bin of=$MMC_DEV bs=1024 seek=8
< #dd if=u-boot.bin of=$MMC_DEV bs=1024 seek=32
<
< cd $MELE_BUILDDIR
< #git clone git://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner.git
< cd linux-allwinner
< git checkout $GIT_LINUX
< make clean
< make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- sun4i_defconfig
< make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- -j16 uImage modules
< make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- INSTALL_MOD_PATH=output
modules_install
< make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- INSTALL_MOD_PATH=$ROOTIMG
modules_install
<
< cd $MELE_BUILDDIR
< #mkdir /media/UBOOT
< echo $UBOOT_PART
< mkfs.vfat -n 'UBOOT' $UBOOT_PART
< mount $UBOOT_PART /media/UBOOT
< cp linux-allwinner/arch/arm/boot/uImage /media/UBOOT
< cp binfiles/evb.bin /media/UBOOT
< cat <<END > boot.cmd