[Arm-netbook] Allwinner git / GPL stalemate situation

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Sat Jun 2 07:55:17 BST 2012

fre 2012-06-01 klockan 20:48 -0400 skrev ml at rsee.net:
> What is the status of the GPL'd code for the rhombus-tech A10
> project ?  I know we have code from some leaks, but wasn't there
> something about how Allwinner has/will release the source ?

We have plenty of sources. The issue currently is that we have no
authorative statement on if the code is GPL licensed or proprietary. The
assumption based on some fuzzy statements earlier is that it's GPL
licensed as required by the kernel, but we can not take that for
granted. The sources do not contain any license, only a copyright if
anything at all.

The other issue is that Allwinner only releases sources under an NDA
which prohibits redistribution.

Regards
Henrik