[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:21:19 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 2:29 AM, Derek LaHousse <dlahouss at mtu.edu> wrote:
> So we'll take a phone-sized card, and put it in a phone-sized carrier so
> we can plug a bunch of cords into a lapdock.  Can we also then dock said
> lapdock into a desktop dock, to have my desktop?

 yes, if you like.  although i expect most EOMA-68 CPU Cards to have
both powered USB-OTG as well as HDMI, making that somewhat unnecessary
unless you also want ethernet and SATA.  or a 2nd screen.  at that
point you'd get something like a ... ohh, i dunno... a $15 chassis /
I/O board with the necessary plugs and ICs.  simple.  and low-cost.

> Do note, though, that you're not using most of the EOMA headers, now.
> Ethernet?  Not to a lapdock.
> Wifi?  From the lapdock over USB?
> USB?  Yes, to the lapdock hub.
> SATA?  No.
> RGB?  I expect you're using the mini-hdma from the non-standard side
> I2C?  No.

 come on, derek - you're being pedantic and short-sighted.

> And this contraption will be a frankenputer.  I want one, but I can't
> see my wife, mother, or Apple-loving friends getting one.

 if the world's currencies go into free-fall they won't *be* able to
afford apple computers, derek.  at that point, it will be up to you to
guide them gently towards devices that are at least affordable that
"get the job done".

 i believe it may now be obvious enough, with several E.U. countries
having had to be bailed out, as well as several banks having
"glitches" in their computers, and also most of the U.K. banks having
had to be Nationalised a while ago, to be able to point these kinds of
things out.