[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Mon Jul 30 20:29:34 BST 2012

On 07/30/2012 05:42 PM, Alejandro Mery wrote:
> On 30 July 2012 18:29, lkcl luke<luke.leighton at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> I think the goal of luke's question is to find a pair of compatible
>>> laptop
>>
>>   ideally, yes.  although it is really up to you guys: what do *you*
>> want to see in a laptop?
>
> to set some ranges:
> size wise personally I find 10" too small, and ~13.3" the absolute
> max. ~12" been my personal favourite.
> resolution wise, I personally find 1280x720 too small. and 1900x1200
> amazing, but not critical.

And what are the panel options at 12-13.3" >= 1366x768? I suspect it is
very few.

> for me 10" would only be interesting for me with amazing screen,
> amazing battery life, and amazing construction quality. hopefully not
> far more expensive than a transformer :p

Therein lies another snag. If it's not substantially cheaper than a
Transformer Prime HD, it's going to be a flop just on spec. The
Transformer already has 1920x1200 screen, 1GB of RAM (max for A10), and
a 5-core Tegra3 CPU. Yes, it's Nvidia and we all love to hate them for
their unspeakably attrocious binary driver quality and their attitudes
toward the open source community, but idealism only goes so far when you
can make do with the situation for the other benefits.

Gordan