[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:16:36 BST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:
> On 30 July 2012 14:57, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:
>> But really for what we are seriously looking at (light, portable, long
>> battery life), 10" seems to be the ideal size, both for battery life and
>> availability of panels. 1920x1200/10" is probably the best overall
>> compromise, at least until PixelQi catches up on resolution.
>
> problem with 10" is that keyboards tend to be unusably small

 i know what you mean.  fingers end up cramped together, and it
pinches the nerves in the wrist to have hands that tiiny bit closer
together. also you tend to have to use the sides of fingers rather
than fingertips.  the one i found that was actually any good was the
acer travelmate c100.  it was so good that when that machine went the
way of the dodo i bought a 2nd one - the travelmace c112.  the keys
are slightly curved outwards.  after 3 years i actually managed to
wear a hole through the left-hand shift key with my fingernail.
rather than throw the machine away i got a new keyboard.

 that should give you some idea of how impressed i was with the c1xx's
keyboard, despite the tiny size.  so it _can_ be done, but most of the
10in machines... yeah, they're nothing like as good.