[Arm-netbook] A new MK802 failing to boot from SD

Alejandro Martínez zen at itram.es
Mon Jul 30 01:55:55 BST 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Roman Mamedov <rm at romanrm.ru> wrote:

> SD-based boot-up problem is still not solved; and there it looks like the
> U-Boot SPL (out of perhaps 4 different versions that I've tried) doesn't detect
> the MMC device, and can't load the U-Boot. See my other posts for the exact SPL
> error messages.

Have you tried running the MMC u-boot.bin from NAND (using linux.ini)?

The same way the original one is set, just replace the .bin. This
would skip the SPL altogether (although I'm not entirely sure if it
would work).

You can also boot the kernel from NAND copying the kernel (and initrd,
if any) to a NAND partition and then interrupting the U-boot console
on the original U-boot and loading the kernel manually. This way you
don't have to reflash when things go wrong.