[Arm-netbook] Lemote misrepresented wifi is removable

freebirds at fastmail.fm freebirds at fastmail.fm
Sun Jul 29 13:13:26 BST 2012

Prior to purchasing a MIPS Lemote Yeeloong netbook, I asked Betty, an
employee of Lemote, whether the wifi was removable. She replied yes.
However, three of the screws in the back of the netbook are unscrewable.
Lemote refuses to refund my money and refuses to ship a replacement
without the wifi and antennae. Betty replied she had told me yes because
she had told Richard Stallman yes. Richard Stallman had asked the same
question. Betty wrote that the wifi card is underneath the SSD hard
drive and memory. The screws to the panel to the hard drive are
unscrewable. No wifi underneath hard drive. Lemote is not a reputable
company.

I paid $200 plus $50 shipping = $250 for a netbook I will not be able to
use after my abuser's crackers procure the MAC address of the wifi.

Yesterday, I finally found evidence that the geolocation of MAC address
of wifi cards is being tracked. Google, Microsoft, Apple and Skyhook are
tracking the wifi of their customers' devices and every nearby wifi
device. Consumers are unknowingly spying on all nearby wifi devices and
transmitting all the MAC addresses. See:

http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/143800-public-tracking-of-your-phone-tablet-by-mac-address

http://samy.pl/androidmap/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20074571-281/google-curbs-web-map-exposing-phone-locations/

Due to negative publicity, Google ceased making the geolocation of the
wifi devices publicly available. Google, Microsoft, Apple and Skyhook
continue to use their consumers as spies to transmit the MAC address of
all nearby wifi devices. This geolocation information is available to
government, investigators, crackers and information brokers to resell it
to whoever.

What the articles do not tell you is that the nearby wifi devices do not
need to be connected to the internet for their MAC address to be
transmitted.

I told you Jack's cracker geolocated the MAC address of a brand new USB
network adapter that I took out of my storage unit and used for a few
minutes offline. They broke into my storage unit several times and
procured the MAC address. I had not connected my USB network adapter to
the internet. It was only connected to my computer for approximately ten
minutes to ascertain whether several linux distros could detect the wifi
driver. Later that morning, one of Jack's spies parked in the middle of
the street in front of my house. He stared at my car, my dog and me. I
stared back. He drove one house further, parked again in the middle of
the street and stared at me through his rear view mirror. That
afternoon, Jack's henchmen commenced pesticiding near my house. They
forced me to evacuate my home.

They broke into my car and broke into my storage unit. They inserted a
wifi card into one of my MSI netbooks and changed the hard drive in two
of my netbooks (one of my MSI and Asus 1015PE). Every time I turned on
my MSI netbook, they geolocated the MAC address of the wifi card they
had inserted. They repeated pesticided my car, storage unit, hotels,
hostels and wherever else I went. I could not figure out how I was being
traced. A month later, I needed to connect to the internet. I inserted a
brand new USB network adapter into my netbook. Fedora's network manager
detected two wifis. I opened the back and discovered the wifi card. I
removed it

What the articles do not point out, is that MAC addresses of all of your
wifi devices are being transmitted. For example, I alternate between
netbooks. If I have both netbooks on at the same time, even if they are
not both connected to the internet, each one will transmit the MAC
address of the other. I have never owned a smartphone. I have considered
purchasing one but now fear that it would transmit the MAC address of my
netbooks and vice versa.

I would not be surprised if Google, Apple, Microsoft and Skyhook are
also using their customers to transmit the MAC address of all nearby
bluetooth devices. If they are not doing this now, it is foreseeable
that they will in the future.

Disabling wifi and bluetooth in the OS did not preclude the wifi and
bluetooth from being turned on by the BIOS when starting up my netbooks
and did not preclude wifi and bluetooth from being turned on again when
shutting down my netbooks. BIOS of newer netbooks no longer offer the
option of disabling wifi and bluetooth. Why? Because government and
corporations want to track the MAC addresses of wifi and bluetooth.

ARM and MIPS devices do not have a BIOS. Would disabling wifi and
bluetooth in the OS preclude them from turning on during booting up and
shut down? How?

I would greatly appreciate present and future recommendations of devices
that either have no wifi and bluetooth or are "truly" removable. Feel
free to email me privately if you prefer.

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html