[Arm-netbook] A new MK802 failing to boot from SD

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Sat Jul 28 13:04:26 BST 2012

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 21:17:05 +0200
Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:

> please try with IGNORE_ATAG_MEM enabled

Hello,

I can't get it to boot a custom kernel anymore (after like 15 attempts,
rebuilding kernels both with and without IGNORE_ATAG_MEM and various mem=
settings). It does boot fine to the NAND-based Android after reflashing,
though.

From the symptoms it looks like my kernels get stuck at "Unable to mount root
FS" or something similar, because NumLock toggles fine on the keyboard, and
Alt+SysRq+B works; but Xorg or DHCP client do not seem to start, and the root
FS has no traces of having been mounted.

Maybe someone can point me to a howto about opening the MK802 and connecting
the serial console?

--
With respect,
Roman