[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 passthrough implementation

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 04:06:07 BST 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 3:57 AM, Ryan Mullen <rmmullen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Luke, and others,
>
> I've begun work with kicad to implement a passthrough EOMA-68 card.
> You can track my progress via github, where my changes can be accessed
> in the branch named "passthrough."
>
> https://github.com/rmull/eoma
>
> I'm not sure I'm ready to push to the official git repo just yet,
> because I have no idea what is expected of me.

 you should *always* be quotes ready quotes.  there should be
absolutely zero hesitation - period.  but there's a minor problem:
phil's not responding to requests for adding people to rhombus tech
git repos at the moment. so, in the meantime, send me a "git format
patch" set of files (to my email address not the list) and i'll drop
them into eoma.git

> Therefore, would it be
> alright if I just ask the maintainer to pull from my passthrough
> branch when I feel like I've reached a worthwhile milestone? I'll make
> sure to rebase often, though the official repo doesn't seem to be
> changing much.

 no, that's right.  i used it to start things off, and to learn about
the A10 CPU.

> I very much want to work according to the conventions of this project,
> so if I'm organizing my files badly or naming things awkwardly please
> point it out to me on IRC or something. Also, it's likely that I'm
> going to be oblivious to some "best practices" for using kicad so if
> I'm doing something foolish let me know. I am still a beginner.
>
> Also, two quick things: the INSTALL.txt file has typos ("git
> submodules" should be "git submodule") and there is something wrong
> when I run "git submodule update" as shown by the following output:
>
> fatal: reference is not a tree: 2792d96ff2dbce463ed5566b33ff2b0d36cb3201
> Unable to checkout '2792d96ff2dbce463ed5566b33ff2b0d36cb3201' in
> submodule path 'pcb/kicad-libs'

 oh - yeah, that's because i accidentally did a commit to kicad-libs,
forgetting that it was a submodule.