[Arm-netbook] ARM port(s) BoF at DebConf

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 23:27:11 BST 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM,  <freebirds at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>>  ok hooray, it's an 88F6282, aka armada-300.  right.  so the product
>> brief is downloadable here:
>> http://www.marvell.com/embedded-processors/armada-300/
>>
>>  and it says it's a "Sheeva", whatever that is, and it says it's only
>> a 16-bit DDR3 interface, which means it's going to be rather painful
>> to use _but_ nothing like as bad as having to do linker phases in
>> swap.
>
> Thanks for researching the answer of my inquiry which ARM processor.
> However, Marvell's specification of the 88F6292 aka Armada-300 does not
> disclose which ARM processor it has. I didn't see a reference to Sheeva.

 it's in the datasheet (ok, product brief) - which you can get from
the top right corner.  page 2 has a diagram which shows it's got a
"sheeva" core.  the diagram should also tell you, at least give you
some idea, of other main components... it doesn't specifically say
anything about it having treacheryzone, but that's no guarantee.