[Arm-netbook] arm-netbook Digest, Vol 25, Issue 82

Peter Steenbergen p.steenbergen at j1nx.nl
Wed Jul 25 08:14:43 BST 2012

I am about to dump the Linaro build over the fence as I will go on
holidays. It is not ready / as I want it to be but time is getting
short.

In the /boot/ folder I created a small bash script executing the two
commands needed to create/update the initramfs. You have to run this
on the device it self, so you can not do this on the build server. You
can however include the files  in the hardware pack similar as the
libraries.

I will post the howto soon, but as a remark you will need to include
the "boot.scr" support into your build script as the standard way only
loads the kernel into memory and does not search for the initramfs at
the allocated memory address. Would advise you to do that anyway as
you then don't have to apply some rootwait patch as you can just
include it into the kernel boot-params.

Hang on and I will, post the steps a bit later this week.

Cheers,
Peter