[Arm-netbook] Mele A1000 ethernet

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 02:02:14 BST 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Valery Yundin <yu.valery+arm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree that in principle they could've used just MAC part of dm9000.
> But then what would be the reason not to provide information?

 how about... "it costs money and is a complete waste of time"?  if
you can provide a financial justification for the provision of this
information that you seek, measuring on a scale measuring in
significant percentage increases of yearly revenue i believe you may
have a point.

 if however as is more likely the case they can make vast wads of cash
*without* bothering to provide that information, let alone any source
code of any kind because none of their other customers - the ones
helping them to make vast amounts of money - ever even ask for it.

 the fact that *we* know that the code is shite doesn't in any way
impinge on the sums of money that people are happily shelling out! :)

 it's such an amazing clash of cultures, here, which is wonderful
because this is what the rhombus-tech initiative is all about:
bridging these two worlds.