[Arm-netbook] Bricked Eken A90

Anders Fluur anders at fluur.net
Tue Jul 24 20:01:52 BST 2012

Tom Cubie <mr.hipboi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Any ideas how I can permanently change the OTG port to be configured on the
other
> > port?

> No. i am wondering how the otg port be broken?
I merely inserted the USB contact. I then realized that there was no electrical
contact.
When looking at it more closely I could see that the port had sunken into the
tablet, still perfectly aligned sideways. I can guarantee that no excessive
force was used.
I suspect that the USB port was only electrically attached to the PCB, but not
mechanically.

> > Are there any other ideas how I can put the original firmware on the nand
flash?
> You can use the phoneix card to write the livesuite image to a sd card
> and use the sd card to upgrade the nand flash, similar to upgrading
> the mele tv box, but you don't have any indication of the progress.

OK! I will try that, but previously I have not been able to run phoenix on my 32
bit Vista.

BR
Anders