[Arm-netbook] Ainol Novo 7 Elf

Marco Caminati spam.caminati at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 18:43:36 BST 2012

I apologize for the meaningless subject line of my last post.

> can i ask you if you could do a simple write-up, once you have
> everything going, and add it to the wiki?  it would be good for other
> people also to be able to install things as well.

Sure, thanks for your encouragement.
I didn't deem my progress relevant, since I already knew of many A10 tablets
running Linux from mmc/microsd.
If I will actually have everything going
(I have no idea on how to solve the OTG issue),
I will take care of the wiki page (I already trimmed it a bit).

Maybe the kernel makeconfig file used to build the kernel I'm using
could help: cnxsoft, is that available anywhere?
Alternatively, is it the default one coming from amery's git?

> I've got a Aino.fex at
> https://github.com/cnxsoft/a10-config/tree/master/script.fex. I wonder
> if it is the same as yours.

Well, not entirely the same. The output of (coreutils' diff):

~ $ diff -EbwBa --suppress-common-lines -y
<(bin2fex ~/MyTablet_script.bin|sed -n -e "/[A-Z,a-z]/ p"| sort)
<(cat ~/aino.fex | dos2unix |sed -n -e "/[A-Z,a-z]/ p"| sort )

is at
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6kfB8IyCGM-ZFg5QnFsY3JXWlU
with comment lines starting with `;' removed.
It is fairly human-readable in order to spot the differences,
however it has long lines,
so I wasn't sure how readable it would have been if inlined here.
I'll try a pull request, hope I'll be knowing what to do,
since I am not familiar with git.
For completeness'sake, some useless details;
here is my tablet's SN: NOVO7EIF120308G025201,
and original Android Development device ID: OCR2-RLIK-MDY2-D.

I forgot to say that, besides usb OTG mouse, touchscreen is not working, too.
I mean, as a mouse substitute, of course.