[Arm-netbook] A10 EOMA-68 CPU Card casework

Piyush Verma piyush.pv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:25:57 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:15 PM, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/news/
>
> we have a company who is working on the casework for us, which is
> fantastic.  we're not entirely sure which way round things have to
> coordinate, whether it's the casework that defines the PCB layout, or
> vice-versa - it seems to be a little of both.

I have worked on product development and this is the process below we
follow.

1 Define rough form factor.
2 Do placements for component in PCB.  Same time ME designs ID.
3 Pass 3D file of placements generated by pcb software to ME.
4 ME fits PCB in his design if there is any conflict report resolve team
with PCB team.
5 Then PCB Routing take place and Mechanical Designer do detailing.

> anyway, it is slowly coming together; all of this effort will make the
> creation of the next CPU Card, when it happens, that much easier.
>
> l.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Verma