[Arm-netbook] Finally a board with 2GB?

Emilio López turl at linux-sunxi.org
Tue Jul 17 07:05:53 BST 2012

El 16/07/12 15:40, Dr. David Alan Gilbert escribió:
> * Ricardo Cunha (ricardocunha at gmail.com) wrote:
>> I see some members waiting board with 2GB of Ram, so this board is comming
>> with this 2GB and is a Quad Core too, the price it isn't avaliable yet:
>>
>> http://emea.kontron.com/products/boards+and+mezzanines/embedded+motherboards/miniitx+motherboards/ktt30mitx.html
>
> Yes this looks pretty nice; with the mini-PCIe sockets as well - put
> a few more gigE cards in there and you'd have a very nice little
> firewall/router/server/whatever box.
>
> Pity it's Nvidia, but I don't think the Tegra side is as bad as
> the graphics side.

It's bad. NVidia publishes kernel source for their reference designs and
a blob pack for those same boards. There's no source for anything you
might need on userspace, and if your device/board is not a reference
design, the blobs they publish might not even work.

Actually NVidia is the only big player on the ARM mobile industry that
doesn't provide any source code other than their kernel; Qualcomm has
CAF (also known as Code Aurora Forum), Texas Instruments has omapzoom
for their OMAP chips, and I believe Linaro holds the Samsung Exynos code.