[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Exynos4412 Quad Core Board

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 00:08:53 BST 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 11:47 PM, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Still, it would be great to find prices on the module and details
>> of the EBI.
>
>  does anyone know where the exynos 44xx datasheet can be obtained from?

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_Bus_Interface

 ok, well apparently it's a standard, typically used to access NAND or
SDRAM, but happily general-purpose enough to access any
memory-addressable device (DM9000)

 right.  also, amazingly, there does actually exist an SATA-I PHY IC
from ATMEL: Atmel:AT78c5091 - datasheet's here:
http://www.dzjsw.com/jcdl/a/AT78C5091.pdf

 the main job is done: conversion to/from 8-bit parallel is handled.
it looks like quite a lot of discrete components would be needed in
order to give it an actual memory address, which could then be
read/written using DMA from the EBI bus, but that's not too hard.

 anyone else found anything that does SATA-II?  i was lucky to find
that SATA-I PHY IC - they're rare as rocking-horse shit :)