[Arm-netbook] Fwd: Exynos4412 Quad Core Board

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 16:11:42 BST 2012

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 2:00 PM, Dr. David Alan Gilbert
<dave at treblig.org> wrote:
> * lkcl luke (luke.leighton at gmail.com) wrote:
>> wow.  i'm deeply impressed by the specs and pricing on this.  and these
>> guys have their heads together on the whole "modular" thing.  freebirds:
>> note the lack of wifi etc. on the main cpu module.  also from what i
>> understand of at least the precursors to this CPU (the S5PC110) there's an
>> e-fuse which you can blow and the on-board boot flash is permanently
>> disabled, making the only boot option being from external media.
>
> The little module that they use looks nice; I wonder whether an EOMA-68 carrier
> board for their 4412 module would work - would it be too thick?

 yyyeeeeh, i thought about that.  it's _really_ tight.

> It still lacks native ether and SATA

 yes, but there's at least 2 USBs.  there's a jmicro USB-to-SATA part
that's reasonably low-cost.

> (does anyone know what else is on the 'EBI
> system bus' pins on the module??).

 no - although if it's one of those standard parallel port
memory-addressable buses then a DM9000 ethernet PHY would be happy to
go on it.

> It doesn't seem to specify thickness.

 yeah.  let's assume a 1.5mm thickness.  0.5mm for the B2B connectors
(that's generous).  1.5mm for the CPU and other parts; that's 3.5mm -
you're already 1mm over the budget, even for fitting onto a 1.2mm
thick PCB within a 5mm PCMCIA case.