[Arm-netbook] A10 and all things audio

Jorgen Lundman lundman at lundman.net
Fri Jul 13 07:32:09 BST 2012

> As we discussed on IRC, the a10 seems to have some timing/clock problems
> when it comes to video.  Maybe audio suffers from the same problem and your
> AVR has trouble locking-in on the sampling frequency of the signal.  Did
> you test with stock Mele android 2.x image?  Back when I still had my a10

Yeah I was looking at adding the frequencies for the 23 and 59 framerates
to see how they would perform, but...

> I'm pretty sure nobody has ever gotten audio pass-through to work on any
> a10 device.  But it should not be difficult to pass standard ac3/dts inside
> the PCM signal (assuming you can first fix the problems you're having with
> PCM).  You just need to wrap the compressed audio frames in some spdif

It certainly sounds like it isn't "supposed to" be able to do more than
stereo "right now", so there is no reason for me to check my hardware etc.

But as far as I can tell, I don't have access to the sources for anything
audio (at that level), so I can't try to fix this myself.

So I have to decide if it is really worth investing time playing with the
A10, if ultimately it will never be able to do what I want. I would guess
we can make the hardware pass-through, but if we can't tinker with the
driver, we rely on Allwinner to do it for us?

What other hardware are we looking at for a better mediaplayer? :)

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman at lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)