[Arm-netbook] Where to load initramfs

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Jul 10 11:29:17 BST 2012

Well, a good place would be somewhere where it doesn't overlap with the
kernel image. There are no restrictions on where you need to load it,
all you need to make sure of is that:

1) No part of the kernel/inirtd end up in the reserved memory area, e.g.
the GPU allocation

2) Kernel and initrd areas don't overlap (or you'll clobber a part of
whichever you loaded first.

A calculator that can convert decimal to hex will probably be helpful in
this when you check the size of your uimage and uinitrd.

Gordan