[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 passthrough implementation

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Tue Jul 10 10:44:14 BST 2012

mån 2012-07-09 klockan 13:41 -0400 skrev Ryan Mullen:

> If there were an IC that could pull the audio out of the HDMI signal
> and put it on a headphone jack, I might be interested in using it.
> However, I don't plan on getting too fancy, and if it bloats the cost
> much, I would hesitate.

What do you plan as display input? EOMA68 uses RGB TTL LCD signalling

AD9398 might work for HDMI and should be available in samples, and
provides both TTL LCD ouput and S/PDIF + I2S audio output (no analog
unfortunately), and is HDCP capable if you have HDCP keys.

If using DVI input then you also need analog audio input or USB audio.

> >  btw there is some innnsaaane costly requirement for HDMI's HDCP - you
> > might like to consider instead just having a DVI-to-RGB/TTL converter,
> > like the TFP401a... oh, that's exactly the IC i put on the diagram
> > anyway ha ha :)
>
> I don't know the details of HDCP or its requirements, but if that IC
> is sufficient, then I don't see why I should look elsewhere.

The insane costs is primarily for HDMI licensing giving you the right to
say your product have HDMI. Some also require you to have an HDMI
license to sell you HDMI chips.

Regards
Henrik