[Arm-netbook] Slowly but surely...

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Mon Jul 9 17:22:34 BST 2012

Apologies for top posting. I'm MUA-challenged on Android.

First of all ARMv7 includes all Cortex-A8/A9 CPUs and newer Marvell ARMs such as Armada.

Secondly, a fully populated Viridis is $50K (or will be when it goes retail). If you can afford one you might as well hire a part time sysadmin to look after your computer estate and it's security.

Thirdly, SheevaPlugs don't overheat. I have several in the RedSleeve build farm. They have uptimes of many months, and none have ever overheated. This is largely a myth due to a handful at some point having left the factory with a duff PSU. The main source of heat is the CPU, and my plugs never exceed 45C (~25C above ambient) even after days of constant compiling. It's a non-issue unless you plan to run them inside an oven.

I suspect the reason you aren't getting an answer on the forums is related to the obscurity if the questions you are asking, presumably relating to TrustZone, Mobicore, virtualization and other similarly exotic things that are irrelevant to the vast majority of users. Just guessing.

Gordan