[Arm-netbook] Slowly but surely...

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Mon Jul 9 13:37:48 BST 2012

On 07/09/2012 01:29 PM, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> Well, if the EOMA-A10 will be quick-to-market it has chance.
>
> If not, then competitors will eat the pie. (like with OpenMoko phones)

I've abandoned any hope of the "quick to market" possibility some time ago.

For a start, I still haven't seen anything even remotely resembling the
detailed production-ready design, let alone an actual working prototype.
Then there would be testing (a month or two, optimistically). And then
you'd have to design the rack mount blade chassis (another month or two,
optimistically, since it would have to include a fair amount of hardware
itself, such as the ethernet switch, SATA plumbing, etc.), and then
you'd actually have to start building them - in volume, to avoid the
shortage fiasco that puts most prospective customers off before they
even order one, like what happened with the Raspberry Pi (no pun
intended on the competitors eating the pie).

Gordan