[Arm-netbook] Framebuffer support - Mele A1000

Marco Caminati spam.caminati at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 09:58:30 BST 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM, cnxsoft <cnxsoft at cnx-software.com> wrote:

> I've built a kernel with fb console and display driver built in the kernel.
> Changes in the config:
>
> Device Drivers -> Graphics support -> Console display driver support ->
>
> [*] Framebuffer Console support
>
> Device Drivers -> Graphics support ->
> [*] HDMI Driver Support (sun4i)
> [*] DISP Driver Support (sun4i)
> [*] LCD Driver Support (sun4i)

I did the same on my A10 tablet running Debian (http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?6,8530,8530,quote=1), so no cross-compiling.
However, upon compiling the kernel, I get this error:

  CC      mm/fadvise.o
  CC      arch/arm/mm/mmap.o
  CC      arch/arm/mm/pgd.o
  CC      fs/file_table.o
gcc: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report,
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.6/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [kernel/sched.o] Error 4
  CC      fs/super.o
  CC      arch/arm/mm/mmu.o
  CC      ipc/ipcns_notifier.o

On the other hand, with the standard .config, I successfully compile everything (although the kernel I get boots with the usb port not working, but this is another story).
Advice/info, anyone?
More generally, how is framebuffer console support status currently?
I think this is high priority.