[Arm-netbook] RFP: Looking for a linux based digital photo frame

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Sun Jul 8 16:09:45 BST 2012

Hello

I hope I am not too off-topic for this list.

With a friend of mine, we are working to create our own business. For this we
need a linux based digital photo frame where we could install our own
software.

This DFP would need nothing fancy:
- wifi
- 7 to 10" 4/3 screen,
- 800x600 resolution (or more)
- flush buttons around the frame
- sd/hc slot
- no need of HW video decoding
- 250MB of RAM (or more)
- any relatively recent cpu able to run hardfloat binaries will do

We are currently at the software development stage and we can prototype the
frame on whatever board (I've tried on a smarttop and an Archos tablet). We
target to install next Debian release on this board (i.e. armhf packages)

We now need a plan to got to the next step: reuse or design a dedicated frame
that could be produced to the thousand, several thousands later if things go
well. The board needs to be provided with a working kernel (although I'm not
clear on which minimal version is required to work with Debian wheezy)

At this point, we are stuck. We don't have the knowledge to design the board
and frame, we don't know who could handle the manufacturing of these DPFs.

Does anyone know who could help us to achieve this ?

All the best

--
https://github.com/dod38fr/config-model/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
    http://ddumont.wordpress.com/        -o-   irc: dod at irc.debian.org