[Arm-netbook] could some kind person guide me through the process of build andoid for the Mele?

Emilio López turl at linux-sunxi.org
Sun Jul 8 14:26:43 BST 2012

El 08/07/12 08:10, simon at koala.ie escribió:
> it would appear that the binary that goes into the recovery.img is
> not able to read the sdcard. i really don't know why.

Is your first and/or single partition on the SD card vfat? That's what
it expects.

> i have traced the binary back through github and there is no
> indication where the source of this is located.

You're looking for bootable/recovery/ most likely.

> anyway, i have a workaround. i can go into recovery with adb and
> mount a USB key:
>
> mount -t vfat /dev/block/sda1 /sdcard
>
> and install cm9 from there.
>
> the touchscreen on the device i'm using for my experiments (yes i
> know i said i was doing this on a mele :-|) does not work.

Tip: on the stock ROM, lsmod, then start rmmod'ing the touchscreen
drivers until your screen stops working. Then you know which one it is.

You can read dmesg too, the drivers are usually quite verbose.

> of course cm9 has disabled root access. one quick hack on su.c and
> a rebuild later and i can boot into cm9 and try to work out why
> things are not working.

You can also 'adb root' to gain adb shell root access. You might need
to go and authorize root access on the development menu; adb root will
instruct you if needed. You can do so with a USB mouse if your
touchscreen is not working.